Commerce · Sitecore · Sitecore Commerce

FUN with Sitecore Commerce 8.2.1 Part 4: Setting up a Commerce Server Site

In my previous post, I shared my run with installing Sitecore packages and modules for setting up Commerce Server. It’s been while since, more than few months actually. Life’s been BUZZZYYY!!!

I finally got time and chance to write part 4 of my Commerce Fun series. So…here it goes.

The guide calls for Sitecore XP Update 1(8.2.1), but I went along with Update 2.

This document provides instructions for installing Sitecore Commerce Server 8.2.1 on a single computer in a simple configuration, such as for demonstration or development. This includes identifying prerequisite third-party components, and installing the Sitecore Experience Platform (Sitecore XP) 8.2 Update-1. Please refer to the Sitecore Commerce DevOps Guide for reference information on developing on Sitecore Commerce, and for production deployments

So here I go –

Set up Sitecore XP 8.2 Update 2 (Sitecore 8.2.2) – I used Sitecore Instance Manager (SIM) to install. I also made sure to set up the site url with the same domain as my work (.competitive.com), so that I can set up the site to be AOSSL (Always On SSL) and use the wildcard cert that we use for our internal sites set-ups.

The next step is to set up Commerce Server – which was the Part 1 of this blog-posts series.

In Part 2 I just navigated through the web to find and figure out right set of docs and steps for this set up. J

In Part 3 I set up the container CSServices and installed the Sitecore Modules and packages.

Now in this post, I set up the commerce server site – the next step of few more. J

The documentation on CommerceCDN has been exemplary. Otherwise, I remember how challenging and frustrating it was to install Commerce Server in old days!! Kudos to Sitecore team.

Okay, so for this part, I simply followed the step described here: Set up a Commerce Site.

The steps in the documentation are clear. Therefore, instead of loading this post with screen shots, I have just taken few notes.

If the name of your commerce- site were different from the default CFSolutionStorefrontsite, you would need to do the following –

  1. Update the file Website\App_Config\CommerceServer.Core.config and replace the default CFSolutionStorefrontsite with the name you intend for your commerce site.
  2. Below are all the power shell commands that you will run. Change the default site name to the name of your commerce site. You would also change the runtime user name, password and the app_pool name if necessary.
  • New-CSWebService -Name “” -Resource Catalog -IISSite “CSServices” -AppPool “” -Identity ” -Password ”
  • New-CSWebService -Name “” -Resource Profiles -IISSite “CSServices” -AppPool “” -Identity ” -Password ”
  • Grant-CSCatalogWebServicePermissions –File “C:\inetpub\csservices\_CatalogWebService\CatalogAuthorizationStore.xml” -Identity “” -Role “Administrator”
  • Grant-CSProfilesWebServicePermissions –File “C:\inetpub\csservices\_ProfilesWebService\ProfilesAuthorizationStore.xml” -Identity “” -Role “ProfileAdministrator”
  • Set-CSSiteResourceProperty -Name “” –Resource “Inventory” -PropertyName “f_display_oos_skus” -PropertyValue $true
  1. Below is one of the command prompt window commands where you would do the same.

  • ProfileKeyManager.exe /ke /kf “c:\profileEncryptionKeys.xml” /reg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CommerceServer\Encryption\Keys\ /f

For the step to deploy the profile database, you may actually need to look up where the assets/files are to run the command below.

  1. SqlPackage.exe
  2. Commerce.Storefront.ProfileDatabase.dacpac

Basically, the command with tokens would look like below –

Before/Original on CommerceCDN

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DAC\bin\SqlPackage.exe” /Action:Publish /SourceFile:”.\Database\Profiles\Commerce.Storefront.ProfileDatabase.dacpac” /TargetDatabaseName:CFSolutionStorefrontSite_profiles /TargetServerName:”127.0.0.1″

My Version

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DAC\bin\SqlPackage.exe” /Action:Publish /SourceFile:”C:\Users\daveh\Desktop\Sitecore.Commerce.8.2.1_U1_1.1.42\Database\Profiles\Commerce.Storefront.ProfileDatabase.dacpac” /TargetDatabaseName:_profiles /TargetServerName:””

Tokenized Version

\SqlPackage.exe” /Action:Publish /SourceFile:”\Commerce.Storefront.ProfileDatabase.dacpac” /TargetDatabaseName: _profiles /TargetServerName:” ”

In my last post, I concluded with an error while installing the Sitecore update package – Sitecore.Reference.Storefront.Powered.by.SitecoreCommerce.10.0.xxx.update. It is common to run into that error. In the last step of setting up the commerce site, you would need to make following changes if you have changed the default commerce-site name and the host name.

Open the archive of the update package. I use 7-Zip.

Open CommerceServer.Core.config and replace the default commerce site name CFSolutionStorefrontsite with your commerce site name.

Open the Reference.Storefront.config file and change the default host name with the host name you intend for your website (not the commerce site, Your WEBSITE)

Then open up Sitecore Update wizard and install the package. When you get warning of files changed, choose the “resolve” option.

…and you are all set. Moving onto installing the Commerce Authoring Service. Will share if I have notes from that step in my next post.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s